Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Dissapointed with teaching

Here is the morning post. I a doing this post so early because i am pissed off at th system and i a pissed off at my practice and at the fact that because of group of conceited low life meerkats my practice teaching is getting screwed. At the beggining the first two month all the evaluation were good enough, but now, since a few evil offsprings decided that they don't like, the teacher changed his perspective to the perspective of the students, you know, like hen protecting chicks, and now i am being screwed in every evaluation and everything i do is not enough for "my gifted students". This sucks, why do we have to work ina system that treats us like a pile of dung and that gives those conceited little assholes more authority in the classroom than to the teacher. It is always what they want, not what they need, but they want. And i am sick and tired of it, i can't wait for this nightmare from hell to end.So i can graduate, and kiss goodbye the public system, cause its a worthless piece of shit.

1 comment:

nyd said...

i can tell you, i know how you feel. but what i recomend is for you to find something that interests them as well as yourself. My students love to learn about the Holocaust and about Alcatraz in San Francisco,Ca. And i like it too! so it works out. Always have in mind that not all students learn or think the same way. You will have a class of 20 and they all have different abilities and ways of learning. Multiple intellegence by Garner is a great peice to understand these kids. (I'm doing my thesis on some aspect of Garner. Kids can be a bitch but don't let them get to you, you have to make them like or at least interested in your class. Let me tell you, i have the schools biggest "tecato" in my class and my principle can not understand how he will go to my class and respect me but he won't do that with the other teachers. I say hi to him EVERY day, i shake his hand, i tell him "hey red is a good color on you" , really anything i know will make him feel good. because its like i say to them i will respect you if you respect me, as long as we have this clear we can have a great time in class. I tell all of them just how smart they are. Sometimes these kids have teachers who keep telling them just how stupid they are and they beleive it, i mean why shouldn't they these are their teachers saying this. So i planned on changing my schools view of my kids. I have the schools lowest % in reading in the whole school. The assistant principal walked into my class by accident and she could not beleive her eyes, my low, ESOL (english as a second language) students where in front of the class giving a speech, presenting their creative project and explaining how it intertwined with their chapter. By the next week my class was in the school's newspaper. Its a matter of you beleiving in them and then making them beleive in themselves. I hope this helps a little. love ya