Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How much is your happiness worth?

A couple of weeks back a friend of mine made a question that has been roaming through my mind for a while now: How much is your happiness worth? This question of course has stayed with me as days have gone by because believe it or not, for me, this is a difficult question to answer. We live in a high speed world, a world in which we spend loads of time and money in everything we like, but think it twice to spend time or money in what we need. How many times have you felt alone, or trapped within the limits of your life and yet refuse to seek professional help because it would be too expensive? Instead you go to the mall and spend 300-400 dollars in a new phone, or shoes and clothes that you will probably never have a chance to wear. Aren’t you spending more in this escapade? And in the end, once the shopping is done you go back to feeling miserable. Cuanto vale tu felicidad? How much are you willing to invest in your own happiness?

If you are like me I consider exercise a wonderful therapy but lately I have found the perfect excuse to avoid it, “I don’t have the time” and yet, I spend time in Facebook, I check twice a day all my e-mail accounts, I keep up to date with all my favorite tv series, I follow all my favorite authors and books, etc, etc, etc. Bottom line is, it’s been a while since the last time I exercised. Does it sound familiar to you? We have to learn to make time for the things we love and keep us sane, that help us feel happy and healthy, understand that if we make time, there will be time. How much is your happiness worth?, It is worth as much as you are willing to invest both economically and spiritually in yourself and last but not least it is worth as much as the man or the woman in the mirror.

Once you start taking care of yourself you will start being happy, but this time it will be a long term effect.

No comments: