Saturday, July 03, 2010

Finally back on the post

Hey everybody!!
My apologies but I had some trouble accessing this account, but never fear, I'm back here. Over here in Puerto Rico things are going insane. The University of Puerto Rico board of directors are fixated on imposing an 800.00 dollars extra tuition fee to all its students and that has everyone going nuts. If you ask me, it is pretty abusive. I mean, students already pay fees for things they don't get. Can you imagine paying a sanitation fee for bathrooms that have no toilet paper, are always dirty, 50% of them do not work, there is no hand soap and no paper towels? Can you imagine paying a technology fee and not having a computer center for your department? I mean, we have to teach and take classes in what has already been declared as "sick buildings", the trolley system sucks, you go to the medical services office with a cold and they prescribe anti-acids for God's sake!!!. What's worse? Most of the employees in the different offices treat you like less than a human being and they want to place 30 students per section. 30 students per section in a college classroom with no air conditioner, no technology, no space and no resources, I mean, people have to sit in the hallway's floor. And yet, the administration feels the need to increase tuition by 800.00 dollars topay for things that never make it to the hands of those who need it. I don't know about you, but I think it's not fair.

No comments: