Wednesday, March 28, 2012

On Cars and Car Accidents


     My husband is always accusing me of being a bad driver and yet, I haven’t caused a car accident in the 6-8 years I’ve been driving (yes, I got my driver’s license a bit late in life) however, that does not mean that weird things have not happened to me on the road and considering the latest one I would like to share a few of those experiences. Maybe you have been in the same situations.

With the KIA

1. Brake Trouble- the brakes of my car got stuck and then broke while I was stopping at a red light in the highway on my way from Isabela to Aguadilla, there was a loaded truck behind me.

2. The car went crazy and turned itself off, refused to turn on again and when my husband arrived to help me, the car just started, just like that… as if nothing was wrong…douchy car!

With the Corolla

3.It overheated while I was stopping for a red light in “El Mani” on my way to Mayaguez and that’s not the worst part, it turned itself off so I had to push it out of the way…by myself…under the rain…wearing heels and a dress. I’m 5’3’’ and at the time weighted 115 pounds. So you can imagine how easy (NOT!) it was to get my car out of the way at 9:00 am in a crowded highway.

 4. A student rammed me in the parking lot when I was already parked, she just pressed the gas while talking on the phone… and the rest is history.

      So as you can see here, my accidents have been that, just accidents, caused by forces outside of my power. Still, there is a lot of crazy people driving out there that have lost respect for their cars and the power these have to be turned into weapons and damage others as well as yourself. So please, if you are driving, be smart, use a hands-free or the speaker-phone, do not text, be courteous to other drivers, and pay attention to the road. It can save your life as well as the life of others.

No comments: