Thursday, March 15, 2012

What Fairy tale is your life? The one in which everyone dies and no one gets the happily ever after...Oh, wait!


As I was browsing through Facebook and thinking about news that I had just received, I saw this little ad that said ““Plikity Plank”(for privacy purposes no name shall be revealed) is using “What Fairy Tale is your life” app, would you like to use it?” and  that sent my brain into overdrive.

 In order for everything to make sense I have to share the news I had just received, my half brother had an accident yesterday and is in critical condition in the hospital and piecing all the info together took me to the formulation of a conclusion; no life is a fairy tale, and to make people think that their life can become one or end like one is a cruel and abusive thing to do. It is because we are raised under this misconceptions that we grow up thinking that life is going to be welcoming, that there I something great in the world with our name on it, just sitting there, waiting for you to go and pick it up so it can magically give your life a happy ending; news flash! There are no happily ever afters.

The world is a constant source of movement and in order to survive within it you need two things and two things only, to work hard and to be in the right place at the right time. In the end it all comes down to your own efforts and probability or as some like to call it ‘luck’. I know I will have readers saying, “but you are saying that because you are angry at the world right now” and to those I have an answer, No, I am not angry at the world, I am being realistic, nothing will come to you like magic, and in the best cases, even when it looks like it does it does not matter the level of talent if you don’t get to know the right people to help you develop it. Do you have any idea how many talented people are out there that never got their big break? Why? Wrong place at the wrong time. Do you have any idea how many innocent people die on freakish accidents cause by other people? Thousands, around the world, daily. Why? Wrong place at the wrong time. And please, I don’t want the religious saying “Well, it was God’s plan” or “The Lord works in mysterious ways” Because if I am as important to him as everyone tells me I am, he could take a few seconds of his busy agenda to at least warn me of his plan. No apologies this time, if you got offended by anything in this post, then, sucks to be you.

No comments: